I AM.... (by Omaima and Nejla)
I haunt you in the night
I come into your dreams
I lurk in the darkness
From where I stand
Casting shadows from hell.
I hold a gateway to your worst fantasy
You see no more than a watery gloomy shape flickering about
I am the villain and you are the hero
Surely you will not succeed.
I am the curse that everyone abhores
The headlights struggle as I flaunt across the road
You cringe and shiver as I breathe down your neck
You don't see me but I certainly see you
I am a mischevious glint
No! something vastly sinister.
You see a glimpse of me and by no means scream your heart out
And then and only then do I come out of the everlasting shadows
I trap you as you frantically try to escape
I take your soul but not entirely.
I am ... you'll never know! Ha ha ha!!!
'Fear me,
ReplyDeleteHear me ,
But do not seek me,
For there’s no need,
I will seek you'
I cringed as I read the note and every now and then checking my surroundings. Odd. I could have sworn I had locked my apartment before I left. Yet when I came back my door was wide open with a soft breeze flowing through, that was when I had found this weird tattered note lying around.
Nothing was touched, everything exactly where I had left it. Except my dog, Jamie, looked traumatized almost. I shrugged and just thought it a coincidence; I decided to go bed early that night. Just as I was about to turn off the lamp, I saw a dark eerie looking shape zoom past, I saw a glimpse of the mysterious shape, it was a figure I realized. I blinked. It was gone. I rubbed my eyes...nothing.
I blamed my lack of sleeping these days, and just for extra precautions I latched the windows and locked my bedroom door. I tightly tucked myself to sleep and reached over and turned the lamp off.
Surely nothing could get me, I was safely locked up in my bedroom. How wrong I was...!!!