Friday, 11 February 2011

A heinously hideous horror poem from Michael Rosen!

Michael Rosen has been reading the amazing posts that Year 6 have sent in so far and was inspired to write this terrifying poem in response... (WARNING: Do not read just before bed time!)

I was asleep.
I was awake.
I stared.
It was dark.
I looked.
I saw nothing.
I felt cold.
I breathed.
I heard my breathing.
I heard my breathing in my mouth
I heard my breathing in the room.
The room was getting smaller.
The walls were getting nearer.
The ceiling was coming down towards me.
The walls were getting nearer
The room was getting smaller.
I couldn't move.
It was dark.
It was darker.
The breathing came back at me off the walls.
The breathing came back at me off the ceiling.
The wall was a box.
I was in the box.
The walls reached me and stopped.
The ceiling reached me and stopped.
I am in a box.
I am in the box.
I am in the box.
I am in the box.

John chose this image to illustrate Michael's poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what chilling activities you have been up to at home. Scared your little brother yet? Told a story that made your mum sleep with the light on? Maybe even tell us a short story of your own!